My Third Internet Music Collaboration
DisclaimerThe links for music in the following post are corrupt. Artist blast has shut down as of Sept. 2, 2005. The post remains unedited to preserve the exhuberant rhythm that I felt at the completion of the songs described herein. Thank you.
Ahhh—shucks I have to have something in my life that smacks of success, achievement and completion---let the music play on…
My Third Internet Collaboration is with the great Ian Rushton. Ian is a fellow musician and home recordist from New Zealand. I became acquainted with Ian on the cubase.net forum music lounge. I would consider Ian “Mister Collaboration,” because he has made it his goal to produce at least one tune with everybody who posts music at cubase.net…
After I played the last one with Kevin Evans, I shot a message to Ian offering my dobro services. He came back a few weeks later with a proposition of collaboration on his tune “Distant Horizons.” He also said that this tune would be on his next cd release. I, of course, jumped at the chance!!
I did my parts over the weekend, and he got to mixing them in right away. He posted the tune at cubase.net, and the following is the text of his post (you can click on the song title to stream the tune):
(quote)
[Soft whispery voice] Now, make yourself as comfortable as possible. Close your eyes and become aware of which parts of your body are feeling tense and which parts are relaxed. Now take a few deep breaths, taking the air in through your nose, holding it momentarily . . . and then slowly exhaling through your nose . . . And with each exhale, you will find yourself relaxing more and more deeply, more and more completely. Take the air in and let the air out. Allowing yourself to relax . . . relax . . . relax.... It is a bright summer day. It is late in the day. You decide to go for a walk along the beach. The sun is radiating warmth and comfort as it shines boldly. The sky is crystal clear without a cloud in sight. The grains of sand beneath your feet shine from the sunlight and warm the soles of your feet. The sound of the waves beating against the shore echoes in the air. You feel the warm, light breeze brush against your face as you walk onward. Far off in the distance, you can hear the cries of sea gulls . . . You watch them glide through the sky, swoop down into the sea, and then fly off once again.... Distant Horizons
(/quote)
Ian has three cd releases available at CDBaby.com. Check out his stuff, and buy a cd or two while you’re there. You won’t regret it!
Ahhh—shucks I have to have something in my life that smacks of success, achievement and completion---let the music play on…
My Third Internet Collaboration is with the great Ian Rushton. Ian is a fellow musician and home recordist from New Zealand. I became acquainted with Ian on the cubase.net forum music lounge. I would consider Ian “Mister Collaboration,” because he has made it his goal to produce at least one tune with everybody who posts music at cubase.net…
After I played the last one with Kevin Evans, I shot a message to Ian offering my dobro services. He came back a few weeks later with a proposition of collaboration on his tune “Distant Horizons.” He also said that this tune would be on his next cd release. I, of course, jumped at the chance!!
I did my parts over the weekend, and he got to mixing them in right away. He posted the tune at cubase.net, and the following is the text of his post (you can click on the song title to stream the tune):
(quote)
[Soft whispery voice] Now, make yourself as comfortable as possible. Close your eyes and become aware of which parts of your body are feeling tense and which parts are relaxed. Now take a few deep breaths, taking the air in through your nose, holding it momentarily . . . and then slowly exhaling through your nose . . . And with each exhale, you will find yourself relaxing more and more deeply, more and more completely. Take the air in and let the air out. Allowing yourself to relax . . . relax . . . relax.... It is a bright summer day. It is late in the day. You decide to go for a walk along the beach. The sun is radiating warmth and comfort as it shines boldly. The sky is crystal clear without a cloud in sight. The grains of sand beneath your feet shine from the sunlight and warm the soles of your feet. The sound of the waves beating against the shore echoes in the air. You feel the warm, light breeze brush against your face as you walk onward. Far off in the distance, you can hear the cries of sea gulls . . . You watch them glide through the sky, swoop down into the sea, and then fly off once again.... Distant Horizons
(/quote)
Ian has three cd releases available at CDBaby.com. Check out his stuff, and buy a cd or two while you’re there. You won’t regret it!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home